A ‘by the numbers’ comparison of both franchises (books AND movies) from our friends at EOnline…Jen? You’ll like this article 😉
Note: this is NOT me and it is NOT my room. lol
David Slade is the Director of a little upcoming flick called Eclipse!
Cutting like crazy, the film is getting closer working through the weekends again, adding more EDWARD!
I tweeted back, telling him that there is never enough Edward & to add MORE.
‘Cause Slade and I are tight like that.
And, here’s a little pic of my man, Robert Pattinson. It’s a leak from an upcoming Details magazine article. Apparently, he will be surrounded by
lucky bitches models, mostly naked…the models, not Robert, sadly…Speaking of sad, I think he looks a bit melancholy here. Perhaps he misses me?
I know, I know. It’s not like me at all to be GRATEFUL. I’m more likely to have a year-end Bitch List (which may still happen!)
- Twilight – Okay, okay, I realize my obsession is a little over the top. Especially for my age! 😉 But, I am grateful b/c, after all this time, I am reading again. I used to read all the time. I was a person who would stay up all night just to finish a book. (not college textbooks, mind you. Those were guaranteed to put me to sleep! lol) Then the kids came and I switched to trashy magazines b/c the Mommy Brain can only handle a certain amount of info without exploding. But, thank you Robin, I was introduced to the Twilight Saga and I now READ again! My brain cells are regenerating! I think???
- Robert Pattinson – It seems odd to be grateful for a celeb, right? But, having a celeb crush really brightened up my days and (relatives, close your eyes…or skip to the next item!) really sexxed up my nights! lol and not at all kidding. First, thanks to Edward Cullen for that and now it’s Rob. The Frug doesn’t care who he has to thank but I know he’s grateful too! 😉
- The Frug – without him, I would most assuredly be living, with my 30 cats, in a van down by the river. Actually, probably in a box down by the river. Best thing I ever did was lure him into my web… Thanks to his kindness and business acumen, I don’t have to work and can spend hours blogging and shopping and doing Cougar Maintenance! 3 Cheers for the Frug!
- The Kids – specifically, that they are NOT toddlers anymore. No public tantrums. (they still happen here at home tho, grumble) No pooping in their pants. Their issues are more complex now but at least I don’t have to wipe their poopy butts. So, there’s that…
- Doggie Day Care – without it, I wouldn’t be able to have friends over for dinner (envision the food stealing/barking/humping)…have new floors put in…have a day to myself, EVER. And, the pup LOVES it. And, they seem to love him there…the Beast *has* been kicked out of one day care already so this one is a keeper! lol
- My Friends – who are an endless source of support…and fodder for my blog! Love and kisses! 😉
- Latisse – I may just mention my eyelashes in every post from now til the end of time. My new haircut person asked me if they were eyelash extensions! (I now love her, obvs) It’s the little things, folks…
- Shapeups – They WORK. And, for this 43 yr old Old Whore, finding something that actually WORKS is a damn miracle. Spread the word! 😉
- Novasure Endometrial Ablation – No period since August. A life changer for me. Seriously.
- This Blog – Yes, it’s mindless. It’s most certainly superficial. But, it’s such an amazing outlet for my evil and creativity. And, since the majority of my friends work (quit your jobs, damnit!!!), this is a way for me to communicate with them…and the WORLD! muahaha
Gift Ideas — It’s not too late 😉
Since the Frug will not:
- grow his hair out like RPattz
- adopt an English accent
- quote Shakespeare to me
I’ve decided to work on his wardrobe. Seems that the 40+ guy has even fewer options than 40+ year old woman! The dudes in his age bracket seems to either be wearing high waisted pleated khakis and button down shirts tucked severely into the too-tightly belted pants OR same khakis but with corporate logoed polo shirt, tucked in hard OR in a suit (pants generally just a tad too short) OR what the Frug wears..inoffensive button down, untucked, flat front khakis/jeans. Fine but meh, a bit boring. I think it’s time to spice it up, no?
But, here’s the problem. The more hip guys (read: YOUNGER) wear funny tees with a blazer or jacket and hip looking jeans as a dressy look…vintage plaid shirts ala my man – what’s his name again? Oh, Robert Pattinson. Here’s a few pix of him in the plaid shirt look
Here’s the dilemma…The Frug in plaid looks like this:
I had mentioned that I liked Rob’s plaid look and the Frug was like ‘oh, I have lots of plaid shirts’…and I was like ‘uh oh, not *those* plaid shirts’…for the most part, they are these shirts he bought in Canada 10 years ago – came home all thrilled w/his purchases b/c the American dollar was so strong. I cringe at the memory. So, back to the problem. Can an ‘older’ man sport the plaid look (or any of the hot Robert Pattinson/Edward Cullen looks above) without looking like a lumberjack or a stuffed plaid sausage? Seems like there’s a lot of untucked…how to do that without looking like a slob? And, worse, an OLD slob.
And, now onto the jeans. He has a collection of Levis in all washes circa 1988 to the present. There’s nothing technically ‘wrong’ with them. They are just not ‘right’, kwim? Certainly don’t want to see him in skinny jeans…shudder. He’s got long skinny legs and in skinny jeans? A bit effeminate methinks. I just found this forum ‘jeans for old men’ and it talked about how to find the right ‘cool’ jeans but to be careful to incorporate the jeans into the overall look:
Cannot believe I haven’t shared my thoughts on New Moon! Damn real life gets in the way of all my fun! LOL
So, met Kelly (friend from HS and college who I haven’t seen in about 11 years!) for the 9:40am show on 11/20. Also saw Tanya, Colleen, Sherri, Iliana (think I butchered her name!), and others…they had a huge group! Anyway, the movie. Haven’t ever EVER been so excited for a movie! Had you noticed I was fired up? Btw, I was wearing a CUTE New Moon shirt! (Why can’t I figure out how to make this image larger?? sigh) Not to be a bitch but this shirt looks way cuter on me 😉
Very subtle. Long sleeved black tee with the clock tower from the Volterra reunion scene. Wore it to NY. Ashley was horrified that I was wearing a New Moon shirt! LOL Not ‘NY cool’ at.all. >;-)
Naturally, I loved New Moon. I laughed, I cried. I thought Kristen Stewart really killed it (in a good way!) and just nailed Bella’s depression. I think people have issues with her protrayal of Bella b/c they want to see some over-the-top screaming/crying/drama all the time…but Bella is very introverted and doesn’t act like that, kwim? But, KStew really looked DEAD inside. Perfect. And that song ‘Possibility’ was perfect with it. I was getting annoyed with Bella for really really getting so chummy w/Jake. Yeesh. Whore! LOL
Edward. NOT ENOUGH EDWARD. Granted, we got more Edward than the book, but still not enough. Never enough. The apparitions were done well. But, need more of my man on the screen, damnit! This is an issue I have with the Twilight movie too…both movies…they don’t show enough of Edward and Bella and their relationship. And the long looks, the stroking..the kisses on her jawline..her ears…the ones that make her pretty much faint…In the Twilight movie, basically, they kiss once then it’s Vampire Baseball and James nearly killing her. Edward doesn’t even say ‘I Love You’ in the Twilight movie (but in the book he says it all the time)…in New Moon, it pretty much opens on her bday and then he breaks up w/her. If people only see the movies they will totally be Team Jacob b/c you never get to see the real meat of the Edward/Bella bond. Oh, did anyone else notice my man Robert Pattinson looks so much more manly in this movie? Maybe b/c he lost the gay gray pea coat? But anyway, his face just looked much more masculine. Yum. And, they didn’t use too much makeup on him this time either. Thank goodness. Oh, and the scene w/him taking his shirt off? I read that they airbrushed his abs on. Not that I care. But. more importantly, his freaking pants were pretty much OFF…and I guess vampires do not wear undies? Not that I’m complaining but one more centimeter and we would have seen something super fun sparkling! 😉
Jacob. I am obviously NOT on his team! I read the books. I usually skip the wolf crap b/c it gets in the way of my Edward fantasies. Now, if I had only seen the movie New Moon, and not read the book, I would def. be on Team Jacob. Taylor Lautner did a great job. And, no, I am not talking about his abs. I hate body builder abs. I hate guys who spend more time on their appearance than I do! Anyway, his relationship w/Bella, as shown in the movie, was so warm and sweet and caring…so exactly what she needed. Bella was all over him too. Always snuggling close to him…even when he was just working on the motorcycles. No wonder the poor guy was so besotted by her! In the book, I def. didn’t see her being so huggy w/him. Oh, the jorts? (jean shorts?) ICK. Body builder guys in jorts? So ICKY!!! eeuuww.
Wolf Pack. Loved them. So cute and puppy-like. When Jake and Paul are fighting, it made me miss my dog! LOL But, the wolves really lightened things up and I like the cgi stuff. In the books, I never envisioned them being that huge. They were @()$&@ HUGE! That Victoria better run and FAST!
Emily and Sam. Loved the two of them. You could see the love. Which I wish they could have done more of that with Edward/Bella. Oh, and back to Emily. She’s the like den mother for this pack of wolves. And, that’s part of why I couldn’t ever be on Team Jacob. I didn’t want Bella to end up like Emily. Cooking nonstop for a bunch of furry frat boys. UGH. Can you imagine the stench? Yeesh.
ALICE. I love Alice. She’s my fav vampire. Ashley Greene looked gorgeous. Especially in the Italy scenes. She also got to deliver some funny anti-wolf lines. LOVE. Oh, and I also loved that Bella emails Alice and it gives a way for her to do voice overs w/out being totally contrived and annoying. But, it also contributes to the SAD. Her best friend changed her email address? No wonder she had to resort to spending time w/dogs.
Cullens? Need more Cullens. Rosalie and Jasper looked really really weird though. They need to figure out their wigs, pronto. (worries me that Eclipse has already wrapped…what if their wigs look even worse than they do in New Moon?) I do heart Carlisle tho. I love PFach in real life too. I love that he’s married to Jennie Garth who is forever Kelly Taylor to me! She got to do Dylan AND Brandon! And dump both of their sorry asses with the ‘I Choose Me’ episode. Yes, I was on Team Kelly, NOT Team Brenda! Surprised? 😉
Italy reunion. Love. I wanted more talk though. The movie really quickly gets them back together and again, it’s not enough for people to get why they are together and why she takes him back so easily. Which also killed me in the book. Dude tells you he doesn’t want you/doesn’t love you, leaves you in the woods and even takes all your stuff that would be a reminder, takes your best friend too? Is gone for 6 months without 1 word…even though I am not into confrontations, Edward should have had to work harder at getting her back. Esp. in the movie where Jacob looks like Mr. Wonderful compared to the mean, cold vampire who cruelly dumps Bella basically on her bday. (I read a fanfiction called ‘My Yes/My No’ that goes into all the stuff Bella could have/should have gotten into with Edward when they reunited. All the tough questions..more than ‘oh, I lied. So sorry’ and BAM back together. Oh, and some sexy stuff too! lol)
Volturi. Loved Jane. Need more and more JANE! Aro, Caius, Marcus? Meh. They all seemed sort of gay to me. Their hair sucked. I don’t know what I envisioned for their ‘look’ but it wasn’t little gay pageboys. Felix and Demetri? YES! I liked the fight scenes. Poor Edward got the crap beaten out of him but he deserved it for hurting Bella! 😉
Charlie. Loved him. Billy Burke is awesome. Lots of little smiles/smirks and caring looks. Very introverted yet worried Dad stuff.
Mike/Jessica/Angela/other random humans. All love. Especially Jessica. Which is odd b/c I love Angela from the books and HATE Jessica! I don’t understand how they just let her be all depressed like that for so long? My girls would never let that happen to me! And I am a professional wallower! 😉
I have actually only seen the movie ONE TIME! Can you believe it? But, from what I have read about the box office, New Moon seems to be doing just fine without me! LOL 😉 So, those are my thoughts for now. I reserve the right to update this!